Monday 10 December 2007

Letter to me!

I’ve been tagged by Spice-the-Cat!

The rules…

1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Imagine you could send a letter back in time to yourself when you were 13yrs old. What would you write?
3. Tag 5 people to do this blog.

Ok so I’m gonna tag…..

Baby Steps
Dem Bones Dem Bones
Nick’s Bytes
So the fish said
Rude Cactus

Ok here goes…

Dear Pol,

I am writing to you from the future, I know this is hard to believe but I also know you will WANT to believe it. See weird unexplainable things CAN happen!
Unfortunately there is probably some reason why you can’t prove it so I wouldn’t get too excited.

You are 13 so in your 3rd year at secondary school, probably taking your options.

I would predictably advise that you work harder, your family will move to another town towards the end of your 4th year and you will be distracted by new places and people, not all good. You did not do great in your exams!

Your mum and dad aren’t as bad as you think they are and they will never change. Learn to love them as they love you and accept that people are different.

Try not to lose the amazement and wonderment you feel when you discover something new and exciting, your future husband keeps hold of this and it is wonderful to be around but disappointing that you cant always share in the excitement.

You don’t however lose the way you trust people until you have a reason to do otherwise, you still see the best in people and while some say this is an admirable quality you could do with wising up a bit!

The friends you have now are the best you will ever have and they will be your friends for years and years to come, A couple will drop from the group in different ways but the core 4 will stay the same and always be there for each other. When you move to another town it IS worth the effort you make to keep in touch!

Don’t smoke! You are a chain smoker, it will be incredibly difficult for you to stop and you WILL want to. It doesn’t matter if you think it makes you look cool in front of Fran & Lou, Fran will not be in your life when you are older and Lou will be someone you hear news of because your mum’s are friends.

In fact stay away from Fran! He is a wanker! He will get what he wants and make you look like a naïve idiot which I’m sorry to say is pretty much what you are around him!

Don’t ignore your sister!

Your brother may be your best friend but he won’t always be there!

I know that’s very sad but you will handle it and he leaves a daughter!

Your sister will BECOME your best friend, Hard to believe I know, it will take years and lots of patience from her but you will get there and you have another niece over there too!

Don’t worry about boys, I am a firm believer that if you change something in the past it will probably change the future so do everything EXACTLY the same.

You DO meet and marry the man of your dreams and while you moan about him, argue with him, you love him more than you thought you could and he loves you back!

4 comments:

Rob Clack said...

Hey, thanks for tagging me, but of course, the Fox got there first! I like your letter. Nearly included stuff about smoking in mine. Giving up was one of the hardest things I ever managed.

Anonymous said...

Nice one Em, well done. I'm not qa big fan of these things but I do like this one because the the way it makes you have to think.

Beth Fish said...

Man oh man, how I wish I could go back and convince 13 year old me to never start smoking.

Unknown said...

I accept the tag and will respond soon!!!!!!